Are you Sick of having to get up and make your way to the phone every time you hear your message alert sound? How about using your Chrome browser to manage your SMS without even using your phone? Well, it is possible now with MightyText.
An app for Android called MightyText is creating buzz thanks to its ability to let users send SMS messages from computer or tablet (all you need is a web browser). Using the same phone number, a MightyText user can send and receive text messages from a PC or tablet browser in perfect synchronization with their SMS inboxes.
- Once installation is done, you will be prompted with a notification telling you that you can start sending and receiving SMS from your Chrome Browser.
- In the browser toolbar you will see the icon for MightyTex. Click the MightyText icon.
- Now you have to log in to your Google account to establish a connection.
- You will be redirected to a new page to allow the access. Click ‘Allow’.
- Once the access is granted, you will see a pop-up window on your computer showing the contents of the message.
Done! Now you can send and receive your texts from the phone, the Web browser, or both.